Code of Conduct
Perthshire Lifestyles Fitness Centre Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct forms part of the Terms and Conditions of Membership at Perthshire Lifestyles Personal Training and Fitness Centre. It is designed to ensure the comfort and enjoyment of the Fitness Centre users whilst maintaining the highest levels of health and safety for all users, visitors and employees. Failure to abide by this Code may result in the user being asked to leave the facilities.
Health and Safety
- The use of mobile phones for making or taking calls or texting & emailing is not permitted whilst using equipment.
- No food is to be consumed in the Fitness or Studio Rooms.
- Alcohol is not permitted in the Fitness or Studio Rooms and anyone suspected of being in a state of inebriation will be prevented from making use of the facilities and services and asked to leave.
- Drinks must be contained in closed plastic vessels – no glass containers allowed in the Fitness or Studio Rooms.
- Bags and belongings must be placed in the lockers or the pigeon holes provided. Bags and belongings must not be left on the floor in the Fitness or Studio Rooms.
- Equipment must not be moved, altered, modified or used in a manner other than that for which it was intended.
- Equipment must not be left on the Fitness Room floor. The storage racks provided must be used at all times.
- Equipment must not be placed on upholstery and must be replaced after use.
- Users must inform the Perthshire Lifestyles Team of any changes to their health which would result in a change to their responses to the screening questions.
- Users must abide by instructions related to health, safety and appropriate conduct issued by the Perthshire Lifestyles Team and must also follow written health and safety instructions.
Respect for Others
- Users must bring a towel into the Fitness or Studio Rooms to prevent, as much as possible, perspiration from dripping onto the floor and machinery.
- Users must wipe perspiration from equipment after use.
- Users are requested to hold mobile telephone conversations outside the Fitness or Studio Rooms.
- Users must not rest on equipment at busy times.
- Users must not sit or rest on equipment and machines in between reps.
- Users must limit their cardiovascular work to 20 mins if people are waiting for equipment.
- Users must not ‘hog’ equipment either when exercising alone or in groups. Equipment must be made available within a reasonable time for any other user.
- Users must not shout, use foul or abusive language or behave in a threatening or intimidating manner of any description towards any other user, visitor or employee.
Personal cleanliness and attire
- High standards of personal hygiene must be maintained and users must make every effort to deodorise before using the facilities.
- Footwear and clothing must be clean and free from odours.
- Appropriate exercise clothing must be worn when using the facilities. No sandals, jeans, string vests or open toed shoes are to be worn. Tops must be worn at all times.
- Indoor shoes only to be worn in the Fitness and Studio Rooms.
Respect for the Facilities and Service
- Users must be in signed in.
- Users must not ‘tailgate’ or hold open the doors to allow access to anyone who is not permitted in the Fitness Centre.
- Litter must be placed in the bins provided.
- Users must report any damage, or suspected damage to equipment or facilities. Repairs must not be attempted.
- All problems, personal disputes or grievances must be addressed to the Perthshire Lifestyles Manager in the first instance.
The term ‘User’ throughout this document refers to the person/persons making use of the Fitness Centre Facility which can include, but is not exclusive to, members, students, staff & general public. This Code of Conduct is subject to review and amendment by Perthshire Lifestyles Ltd as and when necessary.